Street cleaning and waste collection and treatment services represent a high economic cost for cities. Smart Cities face the challenge of improving the efficiency of these services in a scenario in which the trend is for municipal waste generation to grow at a rate of 0.6% per year.
We must contribute to cities improving the operating performance of waste collection and treatment services through technologies that enable:
- Increase the efficiency of waste treatment operations by optimising collection routes, with significant savings.
- Increase the fraction of waste that can be recovered in the plant and reduce dumped waste.
- Improve preventive maintenance and reduce maintenance costs.
- Adjust service costs to real demand.
- Use incentives to increase waste reuse and recycling.